Dawn is a qualified supervisor, supporting counsellors through their training and ongoing development.
- A practising counsellor, either in private practice or employed by a government or non government organisation?
- Considering setting up your own practice?
- Currently undergoing your counselling training?
If yes to any of the above, here are the top ten reasons ‘according to Dawn’ why you need a supervisor.
- To have an opportunity to discuss a selection of your client issues and challenge your methodology with a highly qualified and experienced practitioner
- To identify legal imperatives as and when they occur
- To increase your knowledge of counselling research and application
- To increase your referral networks
- To actively question your reasons for being a counsellor
- To actively question if your reasons for setting up a private practice (if applicable)
- To guide you with establishing your practice (if applicable)
- To support you as an individual who has decided to take on a profession with wondrous opportunities and outcomes and to recognise the highs and lows of such a passion
- To keep yourself balanced in your own professional and private life to avoid burnout
- To remind you that you are not doing this alone!
I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.